Thursday, December 27, 2012

The year that was...


New year is a few days away…..what are your resolutions? Come to think of it, do people still make resolutions these days? Call me old-fashioned, but I still do.  Granted… some never got started, some were abandoned halfway, some are still work-in-progress…..all in all, it was a good year! Hahahah!  Who am I kidding?  Most of time, myself, really.   But then, I’ve had worse… so, overall,  this is an improvement.

Do you ever hope for something to happen, year after year, and it never came?  I guess, we all do.  Our little secret fantasies,  most likely quite impossible to achieve and even silly, sometimes.  Yet, we secretly  wished  that someday, by some miracle…. it happens!  And as the years go by, we begin to lose hope or even turn bitter thinking about it. 

It happened to me.  Not the miracle part, but the bitter part.  And since it’s my secret fantasy, I won’t tell you either… hehehe!   What is the point of fantasizing on something you know will never happen?  Why bother getting  yourself disappointed year after year?  But I am an Aquarian, a born dreamer.  I live on dreams…Get down to earth, boy!  It ain’t gonna happen!!!

In the hurricane of my sometimes unstable mind, where my dreams got uprooted, where lightning struck down my hopes, thunder exploded in the face of my yearnings and the tsunami of rage tore through my mind…. Okay, okay, we've got the point….now, let’s move on.  Alright, urmmm…. Now where were we?  Oh yes, hurricane.  I realized one thing….there’s always a rainbow after the storm!  Hahahah!  Sorry, can’t help it! 

Hey, I meant it.. it was a rainbow..somewhat odd-coloured though, nevertheless, it looked like a rainbow!  Whateverrrr...back to my realization.  Even though our secret fantasies might not come true, even though it’s way too far-fetched… it’s okay.  It’s our safe house,  a place where we can hide… our form of escapism.  It’s a place where everything is perfect… at least to our perception of perfection.  A place where we can go into and  feel good about ourselves, isn’t it great?  This reminds me of the song, Welcome to my World by Jim Reeves.  It’s a beautiful song… the link is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXbHOnHAG-g


So friends, it doesn’t matter whether you get that promotion or that pretty girl or that handsome guy or that Porsche or that mansion…..as long as you keep secret fantasy alive….you can experience perfection anytime!  Happy New Year !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment